HIGH POINT, NC, July 9, 2012 – North State Communications announced today the enhancement of Plex Advanced TV with new features and functionality through Microsoft® Mediaroom® TV technology, the world’s most deployed IPTV platform.
Plex Advanced TV utilizes North State’s next generation fiber optic network to deliver High Definition picture quality and clarity that only fiber optics can deliver. Microsoft Mediaroom enables Plex Advanced TV customers to have best-in-class features such as whole home DVR and an interactive TV experience that is second to none.
“This new platform takes watching TV to an entirely new level,” said Royster Tucker, III, President and COO of North State Communications. “In addition to a better picture, we are now providing an unparalleled, more intuitive TV experience for customers, including fast channel changes, simple navigation and easy-to-use DVR service – and the list goes on. All the things you love about TV just got better with Plex Advanced TV powered by Microsoft Mediaroom.”
The new platform currently powers popular Plex Advanced TV features that include:
- Video on Demand – Customers can access the most popular movies and a large library of great films, anytime.
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) – The ability to record 2 separate programs at once, whole home capability, Smart Fast Forward, Replay and the ability to pause live TV programming.
- Picture in Picture Browsing – See what’s playing on other channels without missing a moment of what you’re currently viewing.
- Keyword Search – Quickly and easily enables you to locate favorite TV shows Video on Demand with just a word.
- Favorites List – Subscribers can easily add the channel they’re watching to their “Favorites” list.
- Customized Guide – Customizes your onscreen guide to display channel favorites.
- Parental Controls – Puts you in control of what your family watches.
- Fast Channel Change – No pausing or delays; just your next channel.
- Wall Garden – Keeps News, Sports, Weather, Arts/Movies, Customer Care or Games always visible.
Additional features are also in development. “We are delighted to be able to deliver these enhancements to our customers,” said Mark Dula, Vice President, Technology and Operations for North State, “and we’re looking forward to adding many more exciting new features in the coming months. We invite everyone to stop by one of our retail stores for a free, interactive demonstration.”
Plex Advanced TV is available in many areas of High Point, Thomasville, Randleman, Archdale and Jamestown. To check for availability or order, residents may call 336-886-PLEX, visit any North State retail store located throughout the Southern Triad, or visit us online.
Microsoft Mediaroom provides IPTV technology around the globe, serving more than eight million consumer households and more than 16 million set top boxes.
ABOUT NORTH STATE COMMUNICATIONS
One of the nation’s top 15 largest communications companies, North State Communications (NSC) provides the preeminent Internet, voice, wireless, data and advanced television services to businesses and consumers in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina. NSC’s Plex Advanced TV and Broadband Internet services are backed by the area’s most advanced fiber optic network. The company’s unique blend of superior technology and service delivery has made it one of the fastest growing telecommunications and home entertainment providers in the region. For more information visit:Northstate.net.
Microsoft® Mediaroom® is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies and under license. Microsoft Corporation © 2012. All rights reserved.